Showing all 8 results
Aloe & Beyond™$23.96
Clean Colon ExtraStrength$23.96
Guggul: Trifala (Metabolic & Detox Harmony)$25.96
Herbal Ayurvedic Supplements for Cleansing, Detox & Skin Health
A healthy and glowing skin enhances self-confidence and also indicates a healthy self. There are several components of our environment such as germs and injuries that are likely to damage the skin. The skin is the first barrier to infections. So to strengthen this barrier, we should take good care of the skin by properly moisturizing it and maintaining personal hygiene. There are plenty of soaps that contain chemicals that are harmful to the skin and can lead to cracks. That is why it is important to lean towards more natural and subtle techniques that Ayurveda provides.
Why is Ayurveda the preferred wellness system for help in the management of skin disorders and diseases?
Ayurveda uses a holistic approach to help with skin problems. Ayurvedic herbal remedies are sourced from nature. They have been used for centuries and represent the goodness of nature. Ayurvedic supplements for skin disorders use herbal ingredients that have a proven effect in helping manage skin problems. Some of the common ingredients used include:
- Nyagrodha (Ficus benghalensis): Extracts from the fig tree are anti-inflammatory in nature. It helps to manage skin diseases. It is helpful in managing Kapha and Pitta Doshas.
- Ashwatha (Ficus religiosa): This is the peepal tree. It is one of the traditional supplements helpful in managing skin diseases.
- Raktachandana (Pterocarpus santalinus): Popularly known as sandalwood, this Ayurvedic herb is helpful in managing acne and other skin conditions.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa): Known as turmeric, this is a powerful way to help improve skin health. It helps to reduce toxins from the skin and can help treat skin infections. (for more about turmeric click here)
- Keram (Coconut oil): Coconut oil is used as a base to make oils to help manage skin diseases. Coconut oil is helpful in managing skin inflammation and itching. It is a natural moisturizer that helps to protect the skin and prevent it from drying.
- Vidpala (Wrightia tinctoria): Also known as Kutaja, this is one of the powerful Ayurvedic ingredients that is helpful to manage psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Sariba (Hemidesmus indicus): This Ayurvedic herb helps manage burning in the skin. It is helpful in balancing the vitiation of all three Doshas. It helps purify the blood and helps reduce toxins that cause skin diseases.
- Kumkuma (Crocus sativus): Saffron is helpful to improve skin complexion and tone. It helps maintain all three Doshas. It is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant in nature. It helps reduce pimples.
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia): Manjistha is a well-known herb that is helpful in the management of eczema, psoriasis, pimples, and dark spots. It helps improve skin health. Lets use our Manjistha image here.
- Skincare Package: Yes, there is another option that can help you to get naturally glowing skin through Ayurveda which is the “Skincare Package”. This package contains Ayurvedic products that help to treat skin infections, purify blood impurities, and give you healthy skin naturally.
Any Ayurvedic detox involves boosting our digestion, known as ‘Agni in Ayurveda, as well as restoring our senses.
Detoxification is a natural body process to reduce ama. It is, however, compromised when our system becomes overloaded from a variety of causes that include a poor diet, allergies, stress, infections, and toxins such as heavy metals.
So what can we do to support the body’s natural process of detoxification?
Panchakarma! It is an ancient form of Ayurvedic purification which removes ‘ama. By cleansing and detoxifying the body, it also helps build the natural fire within the body, or ‘agni’.It is the ultimate mind-body detoxifying experience, though it takes time. Several other lifestyle practices enhance good skin such as good exercising, proper sleep, and dieting.