Showing all 7 results
Ayurvedic Supplements for Energy Boosting:
According to Ayurvedic philosophy, the entire cosmos is an interplay of the energies of the five great elements—Space, Air, Fire, Water, and Earth.
Vata, Pitta, and Kapha are combinations and permutations of these five elements that manifest as patterns present in all creation.
The doshas are the bio-energetic forces that control all our mind and body functions.
Like each fingerprint is unique, the energy pattern of each person is also a unique combination of physical, mental, and emotional characteristics – which comprises their constitution.
In the three basic types of energy,
- Vata is composed of Space and Air. It governs movement, e.g. the movement of air within the lungs or movement of blood through the body
- Pitta is made up of Fire and Water, governs transformations, e.g., the transformation of food into the cells of your body, or the transformation of information into creative ideas
- Kapha, formed from Earth and Water which governs structure, e.g., the skeletal structure and muscles that hold your body together and gives us strength provides the “glue” that holds the cells together. It lubricates joints, moisturizes the skin, and maintains immunity.
The four key principles that are direct physiological manifestations of energy and vitality are
- Ojas – the super-fine essence of Kapha dosha and of all seven bodily tissues; it is the primary source of vitality, strength, and immunity in the body.
- Agni – the sacred metabolic fire that provides energy to the body and mind—on both gross and subtle levels.
- Tejas – the super-fine essence of Agni and of pitta dosha that transforms matter into energy and consciousness.
- Prana – the vital breath, or life force energy that animates each of us with life; it is also the super-fine essence of vata dosha.
The relationship between the three Doshas and the three main types of fatigue:
Each Dosha has its own role in promoting your life and well-being and when they work together harmoniously, you experience good health. When they are out of balance, the result is poor health.
- Mental fatigue is associated with an imbalance in Vata Dosha.
- Emotional fatigue is caused by an imbalance in Pitta Dosha.
- Physical fatigue is caused by an imbalance in Kapha Dosha.
To maximize your mental and physical energy, here are the steps you can take:
- Honoring our bodies while listening to, trusting, and following our hearts.
- Living in harmony with the seasons and the broader cycles of nature.
- Be inspired and revolutionize your diet through taste, not calories.
- A simplified no-nonsense approach to healthy eating.
- Identify and understand the early signs of your health issues.
- Address ongoing health issues from stress and fatigue to immune system issues, gastrointestinal problems, disturbed sleep, headache/migraine, weight management.
Herbs for Energy:
Many herbs act as natural energy supplements, nourishing your system rather than depleting it the way some stimulants can. Adaptogens are a classification of herbs known to help modify the body’s reaction to stress, thus conserving energy that would otherwise be spent in the body’s stress response. Some of these adaptogens include:
In theory, if we can learn to care for each of the four aspects of our mind – body ecology, we will naturally invite an improved sense of health into our lives. When your body is overloaded with Ama, all three types of fatigue are experienced and you feel mentally, emotionally, and physically drained. When this happens, you will have to eliminate the toxic build-up of Ama first before any other remedy will work. Learn the art of true detoxification, breathing, and meditation. Restore your health by tuning into the rhythm of nature.