Showing all 7 results
Amla & Beyond™ (Nisa Amalaki)$23.96
Bitter Melon Supreme$19.96
Ayurveda Supplements for Maintaining Blood Sugar Level
In today’s hectic lifestyle, it’s easy to get carried away with unhealthy habits. The stressful routine can pile up and lead to medical traumas like high blood pressure, cardiac arrests, emotional binge eating (which leads to obesity), and high cholesterol. All these signs come together and lead to diabetes. While this disease is incurable, you can manage it by following a healthy and balanced diet, and engaging in exercises.
Ayurveda also suggests some herbal remedies that help manage blood sugar levels and keep them from getting unstable. These herbal remedies are said to help stimulate the production of insulin and strengthen the pancreas, further keeping blood glucose levels in check. Here are some herbal remedies that you can try at home.
- Giloy: Scientifically called Tinospora cordifolia, is dubbed as amrita, which is known as the root of immortality. The leaves of the plant play a major role in stabilising blood sugar levels and controlling diabetes. It is a natural anti-diabetic medicine that suppresses craving for sugar. Moreover, it ups the production of beta cells of the pancreas. It results in smooth regulation of insulin and glucose in the blood. Giloy also helps improve the digestive system, which is key in keeping blood sugar levels controlled.
- Amla or the Indian gooseberry: It is known to be the most potent Ayurveda herb, and it’s rich in vitamin C and antioxidants; this makes it perfect for keeping diabetes under control. It is one of the three fruits that compose Triphala which is used in Ayurveda to eliminate toxins and nourish the tissues.
- Triphala: This ayurvedic mixture is a natural immunity booster, and it’s great for digestion too. This powdered formula consists of Haritaki, Amla, and Bibhitaki. The trio of ingredients is known to prevent the early onset of nasty diseases and disorders. It also contains powerful antioxidants that maintain a healthy heart and stable respiratory functions as well.
- Cinnamon Powder: Another natural ingredient that falls under the Ayurvedic medicine for diabetes control is cinnamon. Cinnamon helps decrease blood pressure and fight diabetes, as well.
- Cinnamon: It is also known to be an effective stomach cleaner; it reduces sharp spikes in blood sugar after meals, and increases your insulin sensitivity as well. Cinnamon has been attributed to the ability to be used as an ayurvedic herb that is a cardio tonic that helps hypertensive patients and supports diabetes treatment in Ayurveda.
- Vijaysar: Scientifically known as Pterocarpus Marsupium, vijaysar is said to maintain blood sugar levels and control diabetes well. It is the antihyperlipidemic properties of this herb that help reduce total cholesterol, low-density lipo-protein and serum triglyceride levels in the body. Moreover, it helps reduce the symptoms associated with diabetes that include frequent urination, overeating and burning sensation in the limbs. It also tends to improve the digestive system and ups the insulin production level in the pancreas.
- Gurmar: ‘The sugar destroyer’ – It contains certain compounds that include flavonols and gurmarin that have positive effects on diabetics.
- Sadabahar: Sadabahar flowers and leaves are used to control blood sugar levels. One can have herbal tea made from flowers and leaves in the morning or you can also chew some three to four leaves to get effective results.