Vata Calming Soups – How To Prepare Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup red pumpkin peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger washed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (tsp.) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vata spice mix
- 3 cups water and 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nutmeg for garnish
- 2 tbsp. ghee
How To Prepare:
- Boil or steam the butternut squash and pumpkin.
- Now, add the water or coconut milk and mix. Keep aside.
- Warm the ghee. Add the cumin, ginger, Vata spice mix powder, clove, and cinnamon in it, till an enticing aroma fills the room.
- Add the spices to the original mix.
- Mash the mixture with a masher.
- Garnish with nutmeg.
- Serve hot.
You can substitute butternut squash for any other winter squash that you like. You may change the character of the soup by adding cilantro or parsley, and cream instead of coconut milk.