Vata Calming Soups – How To Prepare Easy, Simple & Healthy Mix Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 2 carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 small potatoes /yams (with skin) cubed
- 2-3 cups fresh greens (spinach/kale/collards /chard)
- 1 small red beet, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage chopped
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro washed, chopped
- 1 cup of fresh tofu cubed
- 1 small onion finely chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Vata Spice Mix (or curry powder)
- ½ tsp. grated ginger
- Salt to taste (½ tsp.)
How To Prepare:
- In a medium-size pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes or until it is a golden color. Add Vata Spice Mix (or curry powder) and ginger.
- Stir in the vegetables, except for the greens (save the cilantro until the last step(, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 4-5 cups of boiling water, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the greens and the tofu and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and sprinkle the soup with cilantro.